Advanced Diploma in Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling
Course duration: 10 hours study per week x 76 weeks, part time or 20 hours study per week x 38 weeks, full time.
On completion of this course, graduates will receive the IMTTA Advanced Diploma in Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling and are entitled to use the letters AdvDip.Med.Hol.Couns.(IMTTA)
The Advanced Diploma of Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling includes the Certificate in Meditation Teaching and Holistic Human Development plus eight postgraduate courses. Two of the post graduate course are required and six are electives.
Course Outcomes - Advanced Diploma
On Completion of the first Certificate level component of this intensive accredited training course you will be qualified to work as a professional meditation teacher and holistic counsellor if you wish to do so, while working through your postgraduate courses to the diploma level.
You will be able to work for yourself teaching meditation, chair yoga and positive life skills in the community to groups and individuals and in the corporate sector as a stress management consultant. You will also be able to provide holistic counselling services. You may also seek employment, if you wish, in holistic healthcare centres, wellbeing clinics, health clubs, natural therapies centres and retreats, gymnasiums, respite centres and community centres as well as several other areas that seek to employ qualified holistic therapists with a focus on meditation therapy and positive self-development.
As you complete each of the postgraduate modules through your training course, you will be able to specialize in those particular areas and offer a wider range of skills and services.
On completion, you will have the skills, qualifications and confidence to develop a solid general holistic wellbeing practice or a specialist practice, focused on one or more particular areas of interest and you will have ongoing practitioner support to assist you in successfully developing your practice.
Course Modules - Advanced Diploma
Courses included in the Advanced Diploma of Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling include:
Stage 1: Certificate level.
- Certificate of Meditation Teaching
- Certificate in Chair Yoga Instruction
- Certificate in Holistic Counselling and Life Coaching.
Stage 2: Diploma Level
- Postgraduate Certificate in Autonomic Nervous System Realignment Therapy (ANSR)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Brain Body Medicine
- Plus two elective postgraduate certificate courses
Stage 3: Advanced Diploma Level
- Four Postgraduate courses of your choice
Postgraduate Course Electives
You will choose a total of six elective postgraduate courses from the list below. You will receive formal Postgraduate Certification for each course.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Prenatal Meditation
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Children
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for the Management of Pain and Chronic Healing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for the Management of Depression and Anxiety
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Weight Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Holistic Counselling
- Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Stress Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Women in Transition and Women’s Mid-life Health and Wellbeing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Men’s Health and Wellbeing
- Advanced Marketing and Business Development Skills for the Holistic Practitioner
All courses are evidence based and industry accredited with the following organizations.
- The International Institute of Complimentary Therapists (IICT)
- The Complimentary Medical Association (CMA)
- The International Meditation Teacher Association (IMTA)
- The International Meditation Teacher Trainers Association (IMTTA)
Our graduates are able to join these organisations and obtain professional insurance.
Extensions and Deferrals
Extensions and Deferrals can be arranged provided your total study length does not exceed 2 years. This allows an additional 4 months to complete your course if required. Longer deferrals are also available under special circumstances at the Principals discretion. Payment plans cannot be deferred and fee installments must be paid each week until the total course fee has been paid in full.