The Certificate in Meditation Teaching & Holistic Human Development
All courses are evidence based and industry accredited with the following organizations.
The International Institute of Complimentary Therapists (IICT)
The Complimentary Medical Association (CMA)
The International Meditation Teacher Association (IMTA)
The International Meditation Teacher Trainers Association (IMTTA)
Our graduates are able to join these organizations and obtain professional insurance.
We offer the CERTIFicate course Face to Face and Online
Online Course duration: 10 hours study per week x 12 weeks, part time or 20 hours study per week x 6 weeks, full time.
Face to face Course duration: Day ,evening (11 weeks) or weekend options (monthly weekends for 5 months)
On completion of this course, graduates receive 3 certificates and are entitled to use the letters Cert.Med.Hol.Couns.(IMTTA).
The certificates are:
- Certificate of Meditation Teaching,
- Certificate in Chair Yoga Instruction
- Certificate in Holistic Counselling and Life Coaching
This training course is among the most highly accredited meditation teacher and holistic counsellors training course in the world and you will also be able to obtain professional insurance.
You can choose to complete further postgraduate courses after graduating from the Certificate in Meditation Teaching and Holistic Human Development, as standalone short courses if you wish. Completion of four postgraduate courses will elevate your qualification to the Diploma of Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling. Completion of eight postgraduate courses will elevate your qualification to the Advanced Diploma of Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling.
On Completion of this Certificate level intensive training course you will be qualified to work as a professional meditation teacher and holistic counsellor. You will be able to work for yourself teaching meditation, chair yoga and positive life skills in the community to groups and individuals and in the corporate sector as a stress management consultant.
You will also be able to provide holistic counselling services. You may also seek employment, if you wish, in holistic healthcare centres, wellbeing clinics, health clubs, natural therapies centres and retreats, gymnasiums, respite centres and community centres as well as several other areas that seek to employ qualified holistic therapists with a focus on meditation therapy and positive self-development.
On completion, you will have the skills, qualifications and confidence to develop a solid general holistic wellbeing practice and you will have access to ongoing practitioner support to assist you in successfully developing your practice.
You will be able to register for full membership with:
- The International Institute of Complementary Therapist
- The International Meditation Teachers Association
- The Complementary Medical Association
- The International Meditation Teacher Trainers Association.
Module Eight - Counselling & Coaching Skills
- Client-centred approach
- Active listening skills
- Identifying obstacles
- Case studies
Module Nine - Running Classes and Workshops
- Basic Meditation
- The Course (Meditation, Stress Management & Personal Development Combination)
- Teen Program (Meditation for Teenagers)
- Choosing Venues
Module Ten - Corporate and Community Settings
- Corporate stress management and relaxation workshops
- Approaching community groups and organizations
- Volunteer and community work
Module Eleven – Small Business Management
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Your public profile
- Fundamentals of customer service
- Maintaining student/client records
- Charging for your services
- Running a small home office
Module Twelve – Marketing; The key to success
- Understanding the power of branding, targeted marketing and advertising
- The Internet - How to use free advertising for your business
- Public image
Studies in Chair Yoga, Holistic Counselling and Meditation Techniques are a core component throughout all course modules.
Module One - Foundation Studies in Meditation
- History and Theory of Meditation
- Developing Meditation routines
- Deepening and refining your own practice
Module Two – Stress; Understanding Cause & Effect
- Understanding stress
- Physiological responses to stress
- Psychological causes of stress
Module Three - Foundations of Human Happiness
- The psychology of happiness
- Subconscious programming and reprogramming
- States of mind & Fundamentals of self-image
Module Four - Tools for Healing
- Tools for healing
- Positive thinking skills
- Foundations of Mind-Body Medicine
- Meditation as a healing tool & Hypnotic states
Module Five - Meditation Styles and Techniques
- Poses and positions
- Breath work
- Chakras and energy Meditations
- Guided Meditations & visualization
- Mantras and affirmations in Meditation
Module Six - Teaching
- Talking to groups & Group leadership skills
- Answering questions about Meditation Leading guided Meditations
- Overcoming obstacles to Meditation practice
- Creating safe and effective teaching environments
Module Seven - Working with Specific Groups
- People with disabilities
- Health care professionals & business clients
- Difficult clients