Diploma in Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling
Course duration: 10 hours study per week x 44 weeks, part time or 20 hours study per week x 22 weeks, full time.
Course Outcomes - Diploma
On Completion of the first Certificate level component of this intensive accredited training course you will be qualified to work as a professional meditation teacher and holistic counsellor if you wish to do so, while working through your postgraduate courses to the diploma level.
You will be able to work for yourself teaching meditation, chair yoga and positive life skills in the community to groups and individuals and in the corporate sector as a stress management consultant. You will also be able to provide holistic counselling services. You may also seek employment, if you wish, in holistic healthcare centres, well-being clinics, health clubs, natural therapies centres and retreats, gymnasiums, respite centres and community centres as well as several other areas that seek to employ qualified holistic therapists with a focus on meditation therapy and positive self-development.
As you complete each of the postgraduate modules through your training course, you will be able to specialize in those particular areas and offer a wider range of skills and services.
On completion, you will have the skills, qualifications and confidence to develop a solid general holistic wellbeing practice or a specialist practice, focused on one or more particular areas of interest and you will have ongoing practitioner support to assist you in successfully developing your practice.
You will be able to register for full membership with the International Institute of Complementary Therapist, The International Meditation teachers Association and several other recognised holistic and complementary therapist associations. You will also be able to obtain professional insurance.
Course Modules - Diploma
Courses included in the Diploma of Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling include:
Stage 1: Certificate level.
- Certificate of Meditation Teaching
- Certificate in Chair Yoga Instruction
- Certificate in Holistic Counselling and Life Coaching.
Stage 2: Diploma Level
- Postgraduate Certificate in Autonomic Nervous System Realignment Therapy (ANSR)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Brain Body Medicine
- Plus two elective postgraduate certificate courses
Postgraduate Course Electives
You will choose two elective postgraduate courses from the list below.
You will receive formal Postgraduate Certification for each course.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Prenatal Meditation
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Children
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for the Management of Pain and Chronic Healing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for the Management of Depression and Anxiety
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Weight Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Holistic Counselling
- Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Stress Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Women in Transition and Women’s Mid-life Health and Wellbeing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Meditation for Men’s Health and Wellbeing
- Advanced Marketing and Business Development Skills for the Holistic Practitioner
You can choose to complete further postgraduate courses after graduating from the Diploma of Meditation Therapy, as standalone short courses if you wish. Completion of an additional four postgraduate courses after completion of your Diploma of Meditation Therapy will elevate your qualification to the Advanced Diploma of Meditation Therapy.
All courses are evidence based and industry accredited with the following organizations.
- The International Institute of Complimentary Therapists (IICT)
- The Complimentary Medical Association (CMA)
- The International Meditation Teacher Association (IMTA)
- The International Meditation Teacher Trainers Association (IMTTA)
Our graduates are able to join these organisations and obtain professional insurance.
Extensions and Deferrals
Extensions and Deferrals can be arranged provided your total study length does not exceed 66 weeks. This allows an additional 22 weeks to complete your course if required. Longer deferrals are also available under special circumstances at the Principals discretion. Payment plans cannot be deferred and fee installments must be paid each week until the total course fee has been paid in full.